Posted on | July 12, 2012 | 9 Comments
One view of the Montreal festival that could well apply to “jazz” festivals elsewhere.
Veteran Montreal bassist Normand Guilbault is slamming the shrinking footprint of jazz at what’s been called the world’s largest jazz festival.
- R.I.P. Renee Doruyter
- Jill Townsend Big Band “Ross Taggart Project” on Kickstarter
- Dave Brubeck tribute at Cap this Friday
- Mike Allen CD release concert this Thursday
- Phil Dwyer appointed to Order of Canada
- Cory Weeds talks about the state of The Cellar
- Coastal Jazz seeks new director
- Peggy Lee receives Mayor’s Arts Award
- Cory Weeds’ Cellar Jazz Club to leave current location in March 2014
- Fraser MacPherson Jazz Fund